CPS 3 Part II: Pedagogy of Social Sciences
|Unit – I||Social Science Resources, Inclusive Classroom and Democratic Values
Desirable to Know
|Unit – II||Social Science: Textbook, Teacher and Teaching Aids
Tasks & Assignments: Any One Activity
- Qualitative Analysis of school textbook of Social Sciences of HSEB/ CBSE/ NCERT
- PowerPoint presentation based seminar on the contributions of any one eminent Social reformists: Raja Ram Mohan Rai, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Vinoba Bhave, and Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule.
- Prepare a report on “Why people migrate to a particular region?”
- Agarwal, J.C. (1996).Teaching of Social Studies, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi.
- Agarwal, J.C. (2000). Handbook of Pedagogy of Teaching of Social Studies. Doaba Book House, Delhi.
- Bining, Arthur, C., and Bining, David, H., (1952). Teaching Social Studies in Secondary Schools, McGraw, Hill Book Company, Inc., New York
- Dash, B.N. (2006).Content-cum-Method of Teaching of Social Studies. New Delhi: Kalyani Publication.
- James, Hemming (1953), The Teaching of Social Studies in Secondary Schools, Longman Green and Company, London
- Heller, F. (1986). The use and abuse of Social Sciences. London: Sage Publications.
- Sansanwal, D.N. and Tyagi, S.K. (2006). Multiple Discriminant Type Item. MERI Journal of Education, Vol.1, No. 1, pp. 18 – 25.
- Trigg, R. (1985). Understanding Social Studies. New York: Basics Black Well,
- Singh, Tirath (2013). Teaching of Social Studies, Jalandhar: SG Publication.