CPS 3: Pedagogy of Physical Sciences
|Unit – I||Importance of Teaching of Physical Science
Ø Difference between the terms ‘Aims’ and ‘Objectives’
Ø Aims of teaching Physical Sciences at Middle, Secondary and Senior Secondary Stages.
Ø Bloom’s Taxonomy of educational objectives.
Ø Instructional Objectives of teaching Physical Sciences at the school stage and their formulation
Desirable to Know
|Unit – II||Approaches & Methods of Teaching Physical Sciences
Desirable to Know
Nice to Know
|Unit – III||Pedagogical Analysis of Contents in Physical Sciences
Ø Atomic Structure
Ø Energy and its types
Ø Environment and Pollution
Ø Water as a Universal Solvent
Ø Transmission of Heat
|Unit – IV||Evaluating Outcomes of Physical Sciences Teaching
Tasks & Assignments: Any Two Activities
- Preparation of Unit Plan and two lesson plans on any topic of Physical Science included in the Science text book of Secondary School.
- Write Book Review on any two books in Physical Sciences.
- Write Review on Science Exhibition, Science Trip, Science Fair, Science Fiction Movie and Scientific Environment of Class.
- Preparation of a unit/ achievement test on any topic by developing the Blue Print and the test items conforming to the blue print.
- Preparation of a tool/ device based on any principle of Physical Sciences.
- Gupta, S.K. (1985). Teaching of Physical Science in Secondary Schools. New Delhi: Sterling Publications (Pvt.) Limited.
- Joshi, D. (2012).Methodology of Teaching Science. New Delhi: Dorling Kindersley (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Mangal, S.K. (2009). Teaching of Physical Sciences. New Delhi: Arya Book Depot.
- (2003). Major Issues in Science Teaching. New Delhi: Sumit Publications.
- Radha, M.(2010). Teaching of Physical Science. New Delhi: Neelkamal Publishers.
- Rahi, A.S. (2012). Pedagogy in Physical Sciences and Teachers. U.S:Createspace Publications.
- Sharma, R.C. (2006). Modern Science Teaching. New Delhi: Dhanpat Rai Publications.
- Sonika, R.(2012). Methodology of Teaching Science. New Delhi: Dorling Kindersley (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Sood, J.K. (1992). New Directions in Science Teaching. Chandigarh: Kohli Publishers.
- Vanaja, M. (2010). Educational Technology. New Delhi: Neelkamal Publishers.