CPS 3: Pedagogy of Social Sciences
|Unit – I||Foundation and Context of Social Sciences
Nice to Know
|Unit – II||Pedagogy & Lesson Planning
Ø Constitution of India
Ø Size, Location and Physical features of India
Ø French Revolution
Ø Democracy in the contemporary world
Ø Disaster Management
|Unit – III||Curriculum, Teaching Learning Material and Skills of Teaching Social Sciences
Desirable to Know
|Unit – IV||Classroom Processes and Evaluation in Social Sciences
Ø Discovery method
Ø Discussion method
Ø Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI)
Ø Educational broadcasting and telecasting
Ø Survey Method
Ø Field Visits
Ø Concept Mapping
Ø Story Telling.
Ø Question bank
Ø Open Book Examination
Ø Credit System
Tasks & Assignments: Any Two Activities
- Understanding a slum in terms of its economics, subsistence, political and historical memories.
- Study the transport needs of a community by analyzing different kinds of vehicles people own in relation with gender and socio-economic standards.
- Explore how cartoons, stamps, currency, magazines, globes and so on be used in teaching of social science.
- Trace any consumer product from its raw form and how various factors of Geography, Economics, Politics and History influenced it.
- Agarwal, J.C. (1993). Teaching of Social Studies-A Practical Approach. (Second Revised Edition): Vikas Publishing House.
- Batra, P. (ed) (2010). Social Science Learning in Schools: Perspective and Challenges. New Delhi, Sage Publication.
- Dhamija, N. (1993). Multimedia Approaches in Teaching Social Studies, New Delhi: Harman Publishing House.
- Eklavya (1994). Samajik Adhyayan Shikshan: Ek Prayog, Hoshangabad, Eklavya.
- George, A. and Madan, A. (2009). Teaching Social Science in Schools, NCERT’s New Textbook, New Delhi, Sage.
- Khan, S. U. (1998). History Teaching-Problems: Prospective and Prospect, New Delhi: Heera Publications.
- Kochhar, S.K. (1998).Teaching of Social Studies, New Delhi: Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.
- NCERT (2006). Position Paper National Focus Group on Teaching of Social Sciences, New Delhi, NCERT.
- NCERT Social Science Textbooks for classes VI-X, New Delhi, NCERT.
- Sahu, B.K. (2007). Teaching of Social Studies. New Delhi; Kalyani Publishers.
- Taneja, V.K. (1992). Teaching of Social Studies. Ludhiana: Vinod Publication.