Pedagogy of English
|Unit – I||Language: Nature, Scope and Role in Life
||Desirable to Know
Nice to Know
|Unit – II||Pedagogical Analysis, English Teacher and Vocabulary
Tasks & Assignments: Any One Activity
- Prepare an outline for a school magazine.
- Identify and list Language (English) related errors common among students.
- Prepare a list of idioms, proverb in English
- Make a list of the word games to improve vocabulary of students.
- Sharma, A. (2010). Teaching of English. Vijya Publications, Ludhiana
- Sharma, P. (2011). Teaching of English: Skills and Methods. Delhi: Shipra Publication.
- Thwaite, A., and Rivalland, J. (2009). How can analysis of classroom talk help teachers reflect on their practices? Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, 32(1), 38.
- Venkateswaran, (1995). Principals of Teaching English. Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi.
- Wallace, M. J. (1998). Study Skills in English. published by Cambridge University Press.
- Jeremy Harmer, Longman. (1998). Handbooks for Language Teachers, The Practice of English Language Teaching.
- Ellis, R. (1985). Understanding Second Language Acquisition. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Prabhu, N.S. (1987). Second Language Pedagogy. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press.
- Krashen, Stephen. (1989). We acquire vocabulary and spelling by reading: Additional evidence for the input hypothesis. Modern Language Journal 73:4. Pp. 440-64.
- Kumar, Krishna. (2011). The Child’s Language and the Teacher, a Handbook, New Delhi, National Book Trust India.