EPC 3: Understanding ICT and its Applications
|Unit – I||Introduction to Information and Communication Technology
Computer hardware fundamentals (Anatomy, Input Devices, Output Devices, Storage Devices, Display Devices), types of Computers and Computer Network-LAN, WAN
Use of Digital Camera, Recorder, Scanner, Printer, Interactive White Board, Visualizer and Multimedia Projector for creating and using multimedia resources in Education
Software- Meaning and types; System Software and Application Software
|Desirable to Know
Nice to Know
|Unit – II||ICT and Pedagogy
- Making of lesson plan in MS Word
- Making small presentations in MS Power Point
- Making of project using Internet
- Making of projects integrating internet and smart classroom
- Field visit to the EDUSAT center and taking part in teleconferencing
- Organizing web conferencing using Skype/ Yahoo Messenger/ Google+
- Review of ICT labs (Plans and equipment/ Resources) in school from internet
- Ahmad, J., Ahmad, M.S. and Khan, A. (2012), Computer Applications in Education, Neelkamal Publication, Hyderabad, PP-228, ISBN: 978-81-8326-293-7.
- Bharihok, D. (2000). Fundamentals of Information Technology. Pentagon Press: New Delhi.
- CEMCA (2014). Technology Tools for Teachers, Commonwealth Educational Media Center for Asia, 13/14 Sarva Priya Vihar, New Delhi
- David, M. (2009). Project Based Learning- Using Information Technology- Second Edition. Viva Books: New Delhi.
- James, K.L. (2003). The Internet: A User’s Guide. Prentice Hall of India Pvt Ltd: New Delhi
- Laxman Mohanty, Neeharika Vora (2008). ICT Strategies for Schools-A Guide for School Administrators. Sage Publications: New Delhi.
- Manoj Kumar Dash (2010). ICT in Teacher Development, Neel Kamal Publications: New Delhi
- Mishra, S. (Ed.) (2009). STRIDE Hand Book 08: E-learning. IGNOU: New Delhi. Available at http://webserver,igmou.ac.in/institute/STRIDE_Hb8_webCD/STRIDE_HTML
- Mohit K (2003). Design and Implementation of Web-enabled Teaching Tools: IRM Press, UK.