PE 6: Health and Physical Education
|Unit – I||
Desirable to Know
|Unit – II||
Tasks & Assignments: Any Two Activities
- Any two postural deformities and their management
- Activities for development of physical fitness, i.e. strength, speed, endurance and flexibility
- Learning Self-Defense Activities and preparing report.
- Write a project report on BMI of students.
- Practical knowledge of first aid (snake bites, dog bites, sprain, abrasion, fractures, dislocation)
- Besant, A. (2005). An Introduction to Yoga, New Delhi: Cosmo.
- Bucher, C.A. (1964). Foundation of Physical Education, New York: Mosby & Company.
- Kilander, H.F. (1971). School Health Education, New York: MacMillan Company.
- Mangal, S.K., Mangal, U. and Mana, S. K. (2009). Yoga Education, N. Delhi: Arya.
- Manjul, J. U.S. (1965). School Swasthya Shiksha, Agra University: University Publisher.
- Yadav, Y.P. and Yadav, R. (2003). Art of Yoga, New Delhi: Friends.
- Kamlesh, M.L. & Sangral, M.S. (1986). Methods in Physical Education, Ludhiana: Prakash Brothers.
- Kaur, Manjeet. (2003). Health and Physical Education, Ludhiana: Tandon Publications.
- Singh, Ajmer. (2003). Essentials of Physical Education. Ludhiana: Kalyani Publishers.
- Nash T.N. (2006). Health and Physical Education. Hydereabad: Nilkamal Publishers.
- Prasad, Y. V. (2006). Method of Teaching Physical Education. New Delhi: Discovery publishing house.
- Mangal, S. K. (2005). Health and Physical Education. Ludhiana: Tandon Publication book market.
- Hedge, (1997). How to Maintain Good Health. New Delhi: UBPSD Publishers.
- Reema, K. (1996). Physical Fitness. New Delhi: Khel
- Sahitya Sports Publication.