PE 8 : Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
|Unit – I||
||Desirable to Know
|Unit – II||Education as Interdisciplinary Knowledge
Tasks and Assignments: Any Two Activities
- Critical readings of specific texts to develop conceptual clarity
- Critical analysis of a curriculum/ syllabus of particular school subject
- Evaluate a textbook of secondary class with reference to its adequacy and in achieving
Expected learning outcomes
- Observing, Documenting and Interpreting Classroom Discourse (Teaching-Learning Episodes)
- Bonrs, J. A. (2001). Cultural Diversity and Education. Foundations Curriculum and Teaching (4th Ed) Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Bruner, J.S. (2006). In search of Pedagogy. Vol. I and Vol. II (The selected work) Routledge.
- Bruner, J.S. (1960). The Process of Education. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- Das, M. (1999). Sri Aurobindo One Education. NCTE, New Delhi.
- Deng, Z. (2013). School Subjects and Academic Disciplines. In A. Luke, A. Woods, & K. Weir (Eds.), Curriculum, Syllabus Design and Equity: A Primer and Model. Routledge. Dewey, J. (2004). Democracy and Education. Courier Dover Publications.
- Goodson, I.F., and Marsh, C.J. (2005). Studying School Subjects: A Guide. Routledge
- Hall, C., and Hall, E. (2003). Human Relations in Education. Routledge.
- Krishnan, A. (2009). What are Academic Disciplines? University of Southampton , NCRM E Prints Repository ncrm.ac.uk/783/1/what_are_academic_disciplines.pdf
- NCERT (2005). National Curriculum Framework.
- NCERT (2006). Teacher Education for Curriculum Renewal.
- NCERT Report (2010) National Curriculum Framework.
NCTE (2009). National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Educators, New Delhi.