The objective of the programme: To enable the learners to:
- Explain the perspectives of performing art as a pedagogy.
- Know about our regional art forms-music, dance, theatre, puppetry and inculcate awareness and love for our local specific arts and regional art forms.
- Analyze diverse ways of communicating concepts.
- Relate to art activities for imparting regular curriculum in day to day teaching
- Understand how art encourages self-directed learning and sharpens the creative skills of a child. It escalates and innovates vision.
- Analyze the importance of Arts in enhancing the traits in personality like self-esteem, self-discipline, better concentration etc.
Speaker: Ms Richa Jain
Audience: Students of B.ed, Behavioral Sciences
Brief Report of the programme: Faculty of Education organised a workshop on the theme entitled “Performing Arts as A Pedagogy” on 29th September 2017 from 10 AM onwards at Room no 105, Block A in SGT University. The workshop has been specifically designed for B.Ed teacher trainees to orient them to the concept of Performing Arts as Pedagogy to reform classroom transactional strategies in schools.
Ms Richa oriented the teacher trainees to the concept of performing arts as a medium for the creation of joyful learning in school classrooms.
This workshop must have acquainted B.Ed. teacher trainees with the skill of transacting content through dance and singing to capture the attention of school students in classrooms.