UDAAN – Out Patient Departmental Wing of Department of Special Education, Faculty of Education
In an era where inclusivity and diversity are of paramount importance in educational settings, the Special Education Lab (UDAAN) at SGT University stands as a testament to the institution’s commitment to providing an exceptional and equitable learning experience for all. With a focus on special education, this lab serves as a hub for innovative research, training, and collaborative initiatives aimed at enhancing the educational journey of individuals with diverse learning needs individually or in group settings.
The Special Education Lab UDAAN was established based on a set of core objectives:
- To conduct cutting-edge research on special education practices, interventions, and technologies.
- To make the student teacher trainee equipped with the skills to effectively manage & teach students with diverse learning needs.
- To provide a supportive environment for students with disabilities, offering tailored resources and assistance to facilitate their academic and personal growth.
- To collaborate with local schools, community organizations, and policymakers to advocate for inclusive educational policies and practices.
Central to the lab’s mission is its commitment to advancing knowledge in the field of special education. Research conducted within the lab encompasses a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Innovative teaching methodologies for students with diverse needs.
- Assistive technologies that promote independent learning.
- Inclusive curriculum development and adaptation.
- The social and emotional well-being of students with disabilities.
- Parent and caregiver involvement in special education.
Services Offered at UDAAN
- Assessment & Identification of all types of disabling conditions (like Intellectual and Developmental Disability, Autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Hearing Impaired, Visually Impaired, and Specific Learning Disabilities.
- Early intervention.
- Special Education Training.
- Occupational therapy.
- Speech therapy.
- Play therapy.
- Prevocational Training.
- Remedial classes to minimize the learning gap.
- Counseling sessions.
- Parental guidance.
- Community-Based Rehabilitation.
- Identification Camp
- Health Camp.
- Education for all (Underprivileged).
- Sensitization & Awareness about Disabilities.